TOPIC 1 : NETWORKING AT THE WORKPLACE1. INTRODUCING YOURSELF
- first networking skill
- use the right words
- friendly smile
- direct eye contact
2. INTRODUCING OTHERS
- mention the name and position of person you are introducing ( norm business communication )
3. SMALL TALK
- defined as chatting about things not directly related to the business at hand.
- no fixed rules
- safe topics ( everyday issues like holidays, travel, traffic, entertainment etc.)
- objectives of small talk - to discover shared interests to be comfortable with each other )
- common sense rules- person who is older/ more senior - you should be more differential in tone.